Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day Two: 180.2 Miles


Soundtrack: Ray Charles Anthology and the Indiana Jones Theme...

So, Day Two had a lot of potential as I was planning to take Lisa to the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees after a day touring the local Salvation Armys. Unfortunately, the pouring rain prevented the Yankees Game (my bad luck regarding rain-outs strikes again). The burning pain in my left eye stopped our Salvo trip at one and resulted in an emergency trip to the optometrist.


I know looks like an exciting afternoon.


After a stern lecture from Dr. Evans about sleeping in my contacts, he thankfully gave me some RX drops and a new pair of contacts for the trip.


Lisa couldn't help but giggle through the exam.


Due to the rain, we decided to catch a movie. I was apparently able to enjoy Indiana Jones even with only one eye working:(


I accidently bought two childrens tix to the movie, the old man at the counter must have believed we were under 12.


La Tolteca for the second night in a row. Unfortunately, no mariachi band tonight.






Lisa got talking to the waiter in Spanish... he apparently asked for her number, but got el wrongo numero. Creepy.


The food is awful good though.



Calling it a night by the fake palm trees. After that we head home to the DeVivas for some lounging and laughing. Gotta Rest up for day three: NYC!

3 comments:

mb said...

Well, get the medical emergencies out of the way in the first day! You and Lisa look like you had a great time! I wish I was there!!! Enjoy NYC....I love you!mb

Sue Tierney said...

So Kate, what was the damage? Unopenable trunks and gas money nonwithstanding, you need your eyes.

Love, Mom

ps I just love the word nonwithstanding! Lisa you look great!!! Miss you.

Unknown said...

notwithstanding is one word? how did i LIVE without knowing this?